Winters in North Carolina are known to get quite cold, and experiencing an unexpected breakdown or failure of your heating system can not only be frustrating, but downright dangerous. Plummeting winter temperatures can make your home get cold fast, making it uncomfortable for the occupants and putting your pipes at risk of freezing and bursting.
While a breakdown of your heating system is a sure sign you need to get prompt attention, other signs that you are in need of emergency furnace repair include:
- Your fan runs constantly and does not shut off
- You notice a yellow flame in your furnace (instead of blue)
- Your carbon monoxide detector goes off
- You notice steam coming from the unit or puddles of water near the unit
- The air coming from your vents is not warm
- You notice an off smell from your furnace, such as gas or rotten eggs
- Your unit will not turn on
If you notice any of these signs, it is important to shut off your unit and seek emergency furnace repair promptly. Getting these issues sorted quickly can prevent damage to your home and heating system and protect occupants in your home from potential health hazards.
At Cook’s Heating & Cooling, we offer emergency furnace repair in the Rural Hall, North Carolina area. We service both residential and commercial properties with quick, efficient, and effective service. Our family business has served the area since 1985 and remains a reliable source for all of your heating and cooling needs. Customer comfort and satisfaction are some of our top priorities; it is our business to provide comfort for you.
If you are in need of emergency furnace repair, reach out to us. Our skilled, friendly team will be happy to identify and repair your issues quickly so that you can be safe and comfortable in your home. Give us a call today!