The winter months usually mean dry air, which can lead to dry skin, labored breathing, and other problems. A whole-home humidifier is a great solution that many people have found to help keep their homes comfortable and healthy year round. At Cook’s Heating & Cooling, we can provide you with a high-quality humidifier, and with our precise and efficient installation, the humidifier will be reliable for many years. However, like all home appliances, regular maintenance is strongly recommended for your system to operate optimally.
While you can call on us for all your humidifier maintenance needs, here are some of the services we can provide:
- Changing the humidifier’s water panel. Your home humidifier uses a water panel to put moisture into your air before circulating it back through your home. This water panel needs to be replaced regularly, as over time it becomes clogged up with minerals and other debris from your water, especially when you have hard water.
- Cleaning the humidifier’s reservoir to remove mineral deposits and bacteria.
- Cleaning out any mineral buildup from all components of your humidifier.
- Checking for standing water and leaks near the humidifier.
- Inspecting the humidifier carefully to ensure it’s functioning properly and checking the humidistat to ensure humidity levels are on target.
The best time to seek humidifier maintenance is in the fall before your air begins to dry out. This will allow you to be certain that your humidifier is equipped and ready to keep your air moist and healthy all winter long. We can provide your humidifier maintenance at the same time as your regular furnace or other heating system maintenance so that your home is completely set and prepared for the coming months. Call to schedule your appointment today.